Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marzpop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2022
I have a 2018 Macbook air A1932 and the fan has stopped working. I took it to a repairer who replaced the fan, he tested the new fan and said it was functional but didn't trial it while the computer was on and using CPU. Now that I have my computer back the fan still does not turn on and the computer gets hot pretty quick, and then begins to operate very slowly. During all this, the computer started to make a strange noise coming from the top right corner of the keyboard. A bleeping noise every 10 seconds which sounds similar to a water droplet. Has anyone encountered this issue before and what should I do? I have also run the diagnostics both before and after I had the fan replaced which gave me the reference code PPF004 which I believe is fan related.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Do you have an apple store near you? might be worth having them take a look at it. Or I would bring it back to the repair place you used and have them actually fix it properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.