Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gretakacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2021
Hello Everyone,
What can I do if my MacBook Air 2020 battery health is normal but the cycle count is only 41? It is extremely slow and even if I'm charging it, it shows 'battery is not charging'. Thanks for any advice! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-11 at PM 8.28.53.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-11 at PM 8.28.53.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot 2021-05-11 at PM 8.29.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-11 at PM 8.29.02.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 131

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Try doing a SMC reset - that fixes most power and battery problems.

SMC RESET
  1. Shut down the computer. Leave power cord plugged into Macbook.
  2. On the left side of the keyboard, press and hold the Shift, Control, and Option keys while simultaneously holding the power button.
  3. After 6 seconds, release all of the keys. You should see the orange light turn to green for a few seconds and then orange again.
  4. Turn on your MacBook.

Significant1

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2014
Try doing a SMC reset - that fixes most power and battery problems.

SMC RESET
  1. Shut down the computer. Leave power cord plugged into Macbook.
  2. On the left side of the keyboard, press and hold the Shift, Control, and Option keys while simultaneously holding the power button.
  3. After 6 seconds, release all of the keys. You should see the orange light turn to green for a few seconds and then orange again.
  4. Turn on your MacBook.
Will only work, if OP has an intel MBA. M1 doesn't have an SMC.
Hello Everyone,
What can I do if my MacBook Air 2020 battery health is normal but the cycle count is only 41? It is extremely slow and even if I'm charging it, it shows 'battery is not charging'. Thanks for any advice! :)
Are you using the original charger and is connected directly? I discovered that the original charger would not charge through my usb-hub. Using a 60Watt charger would make charging through my hub work.

Another thing to try, is disabling optimized battery charging in settings.

What Apple suggest:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.