Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icarus.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2017
Hello!
So recently i spilled some liquid on my middle part of the keyboard and that liquid was Gatorade, so this happened on Saturday I was watching some videos and spilled some over.I quickly took out the battery and my mouse and turned it over clotting up all the liquid.Now the laptop I used was a school laptop it was an 11" 2015 Macbook air.Im very anxious and scared of what will happen to it.I gave to laptop to the IT people in my school and said they will send it to repair.So here are some questions i hope you guys will answer.
1)Whats the worse that could happen (Considering gatorade has sugar)
2)How long will it take to repair.
3)How much will it cost (Considering the school gave the laptop to us)

Thank you

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
How long will it take? That depends on how backed up they are and where it was sent. I could probably do a top-case repair (best case here) on a MBA in about 30-60 minutes once I have the part in hand.
How much will it cost? That depends on what needs replacing and how the school handles such repairs. If the liquid infiltrated enough, they're best off replacing the system.

Reactions: Icarus.

Icarus.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2017
Doesn’t the school have insurance for stuff like that?

Yes it does but it dosen't cover accidental damage such as spill damage or taking it apart and i learnt they took it to repair to apple.I have some things to do on it how long will a repair with apple take?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.