Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heronet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2024
I bought a new MacBook Air M1 couple of months ago. A few days ago I noticed there was a green hue in the corner of the screen.

It is there after boot and disappears completely after a few minutes. When the hue is gone I can shut it down and power it on within a couple of hours, it will not be there. It only appears if I don't use it for several hours.

So I suspect that the heat/ light emitted by the display makes it go away.

It doesn't cause major issue. But still for the peace of mind I want to know what could cause this issue.

Attachments

• 20240410_165409.jpg
    20240410_165409.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 57
  • 20240410_165454.jpg
    20240410_165454.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 29

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
If you just bought it, is it still under AppleCare? If so, I would get it looked at, because if it's defective it could just get worse over time. Shut the machine down, let it sit for long enough for the green hue to happen, and then boot it up there at the store.

heronet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2024
If you just bought it, is it still under AppleCare? If so, I would get it looked at, because if it's defective it could just get worse over time. Shut the machine down, let it sit for long enough for the green hue to happen, and then boot it up there at the store.
No don't have AppleCare. But I have the limited warranty which is until February of next year.

I thought about taking it to the store. But it's not very close to where I live right now. Also my work depends on this laptop. So I wanted to know how common this issue is or how likely it is to get worse.

I'll take it to the store if I must though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.