Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lazyntired

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Wisconsin
Hello everyone -

I'm really hoping to get a compelling reason to not set-up my Macbook Air as new. i have my old macbook copy (1TB) backed up to the cloud which includes apps/photos/music/messages/documents.

I had a few apps on my old Macbook (Microsoft suite & adobe suite) so I don't have too many to manually install and if I don't remember I probably don't use them enough and wouldn't mind re-downloading.

Am i missing something or should I be considering something else if I want just set-up as new?

Thanks!

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I set up my M1 MacBook Air as new but in most cases you can rely on Migration Assistant. I set up as new because my main computer remains my Mac Pro with 2 TB of SSD. The Air is a satellite. I use the Mac Pro as a file server and software build server. We'll see how it goes.

Zazoh

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I did new. All my stuff is in the cloud. Erased my Mac Mini and prepared for trade in. Once I made sure Zoom and Vm Ware Horizon ran fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.