Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2022
I bought a MacBook Air M1 at the store. After two months, the speakers of this laptop started crackling. I took it to the store for warranty repair, and after three weeks of repair, I got it back. The work order said that the speakers were replaced. However, in reality, the speakers were still making that annoying sound (I didn't have this problem with my other laptops). I sent it back for repair again (to the iOn service center in Kyiv, Ukraine). And after two weeks, I received the laptop back with the conclusion that "the laptop is functioning properly," even though both I and the store consultant clearly heard the crackling sound from the speakers. When I called the service center, they told me that "Apple's diagnostic equipment did not detect any problems, and we don't care about what you're hearing." Can anyone advise me on what to do in this situation? I needed a laptop urgently for work during power outages in my country, and I chose Apple. But now, every time I listen to music or podcasts with a female voice, I hear this annoying crackle and immediately stop listening. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks.

Photo: Video:

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Speaker issues is kind a subjective and easily determined as user’s fault. If I were you, I would just buy small Bluetooth speaker. SRS-Xb13 from Sony is good one (I have 2 for my daughter and father).

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Buy some headphones. The MBA has the worst speakers of all their computers anyway, so you won't be missing much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.