Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R44DYP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2024
Hi Guys I have a Macbook Air M2 2022 model and I want to use dual monitors, I purchased a DELL WD19TDS dock as my colleague told me it would work. it doesn't lol. anyone done this with this dock before? or can you recommend something? Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi Guys I have a Macbook Air M2 2022 model and I want to use dual monitors, I purchased a DELL WD19TDS dock as my colleague told me it would work. it doesn't lol. anyone done this with this dock before? or can you recommend something? Thanks.
You need a dock that supports DisplayLink, which is a USB-based display system.

Reactions: R44DYP

R44DYP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2024
Ok I’ve ordered one, I need additional software right? Thanks for your help

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
You need DisplayLink drivers.
One challenge with the Dell docks is that they require a Windows computer to do firmware updates, so for that reason I avoid Dell docks for my Mac-only users.

R44DYP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2024
You need DisplayLink drivers.
One challenge with the Dell docks is that they require a Windows computer to do firmware updates, so for that reason I avoid Dell docks for my Mac-only users.
Do you mean display link drivers to the dock or to the MacBook Air? Thanks

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Do you mean display link drivers to the dock or to the MacBook Air? Thanks
The displaylink drivers are installed on the computer. Docks have separate firmware. Dell doesn't provide direct links to either for a Mac on their support site so follow the link for the DisplayLink driver in post #6 of this thread.

Reactions: R44DYP

R44DYP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2024
The displaylink drivers are installed on the computer. Docks have separate firmware. Dell doesn't provide direct links to either for a Mac on their support site so follow the link for the DisplayLink driver in post #6 of this thread.
Thank you very much.

Tzvia.ls

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2023
We use the VisionTek docks at work for MACs and they work fine - using DisplayLink graphics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.