Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juledd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2023
Hello!

I was working on my laptop and suddenly a kernel panic (that's how it's called on forums) happened (with those chinese characters that demand an instant restart) and then my mac restarted. Then it took too long (around 10 min) for booting (showing apple icon and the loading bar properly) and never started again.

I have been looking for a way to fix the problem but none of them are working. The computer's battery charges normally, the screen seems to work but whenever booting it, it got stuck on the white screen right after the startup chime. I’ve been trying with every key combination possible, and not even a safe mode achieved.
Right after holding the power button you hear the startup chime, but then nothing happens. The laptop can stay on a white screen until the battery is drained. The mac runs High Sierra

Hope you have any other idea on this matter. Appreciate it!

ifrit05

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Near Detroit, MI. USA
Try booting in verbose mode (Command + V held down after powering on) to see where it gets stuck. If still white screen only, try hooking up an external monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.