Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Have an Imac, that I use all the time...my mac mini is attached to my flat screen...MBA never used in the summer, 2 months off from teaching...over the summer it just basically sits there

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
2.8GHz 24" iMac here. I use it for heavy lifting. MBA gives me mobility around the house and, of course, is my traveling companion. I use it for Web browsing, email, Quicken, MS Office, some YouTube and other "light" tasks. Perfect in this role...

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
I have a first generation MacBook Pro (2.16GHz/2GB RAM/100G HDD) for work that I rarely use now that I have the Air. It is nice to use the same machine both at home and work and not have to lug 5+ pounds around every day to and from the office. I was using the work laptop just yesterday and I was reminded of just how big it felt relative to the Air and also how dull the screen is.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
My other computer is a Mac Pro (I feel like that should be a bumper sticker).

Mac Pro and MBA are the perfect combination, even if slightly overkill.

That's my situation as well... perfect combo... not overkill! :p

The Mac Pro is where serious stuff gets done (video editing, web design) and the MBA is for surfing, email, blogging, and casual work when traveling, being a couch potato, or at my GF's place.

McGilli

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
I have an iMac that is used 99% of the time.

I use the MBA about 2 to 4 hours per week.

JMKeynes

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
Mba + Mbp

Like you, I use the MBA with a 15" MBP. I leave the MBP at the office running with an external screen; and I use it like a desktop.

I use the MBA with an external screen at the office (giving me 4 screens). But I take the MBA home everyday and use it like a laptop.

I'm an academic, so I'm constantly reading PDFs, making powerpoints, and surfing with dozens of tabs open. My MBA (which is one of those from right after the upgrade to the 9400m) does just fine with this. Obviously, the MBP does fine as well.

I keep thinking that someday I'll get a mac mini to use at home, too.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Air+unibody, both suck!

Stupidly, I have a first generation, basic model MacBook Air and a first generation unibody MacBook with 2.4 GHz. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER buy a first generation Apple product EVER again.

CPU whine, overheating, constant fan noise on both, misaligned keys on the MB...

I use the Air for typing as it has a nice screen and I use the MB, when I need to do anything power- or graphics hungry. But not in the garden. Or in sunlight. Or when the lights are on. And not anything involving Firewire.

Stupid Apple!

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
I have a iMac 24 2.93 and a MacBook that I use besides my rev a air. Mainly thing I use the air and the iMac.

opera57

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
I have an iMac which I use about 70-75% of the time. I use the Macbook Air the rest of the time. I am starting to use the macbook air quite a lot more now as it is much more comfortable to use it when on the sofa or when watching tv.
signature_apple1.jpg

RSW

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
I have a 24" iMac in the office, and use the Air for travel and night use. I also use Mobile Me to keep all my computers synced up with each other, and my iPhone.

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
2 years on I rarely use my iphone! Apart from playing music and making calls of course!

My desk top is now a mini and 24" display, but its mainly used as TV with eyetv.

It also gets used for aperture work, when I need to review my images on a big screen & iMovie because it has a SSD. (& Watching Blu-rays)!

But then the macbook air gets 90% of my time! :)

It proves its worth every day.

But would be amazing with the 13" macbook pro' matt display WOP WOP!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Macbook (blackjack), for when I'm going to be sitting still. The MBA for when I'm moving around or running up and downstairs. I love the MBA for weighing just about zip and having that speedy-readin' flash drive.

I have some G4 powerbooks I keep several types of classical music and movies on, respectively. An old G3 ibook with recipes and a few gig of music on it is in the kitchen. Love the way it cleans up fast with a swipe of a damp cloth...

Somewhere there's a Ti powerbook with drivers and software for some keyboards and related audio processing, it's still OS 9, and it syncs some stuff I still use now and then on an old Palm device. These items are edging their way to the e-waste recycle day one of these years, but not quite yet.

FakeJon

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
Sunnydale, California
I have a 24 inch iMac

a 15 inch last generation MBP....and a previous generation white Macbook for the wife.

I thought about getting a new 13 inch MBP unibody. The 15 inch is a little much to carry around....

I'm thinking now that maybe the better idea would be the get the MBA.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I have an MBA 1.86/SSD which I love, and basically it's my primary computer-

But I also have an iMac desktop, that I like.

I use the mobile me storage a lot in order to have access to files on both computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.