Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Nope...base model is now $1500 in the US Store. Much more reasonable.

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
macbook air price drop , $200 cheaper!

mine is worthless now :)

anyone purchasing?

OMG you rock... LOL I've been thinking about getting the Rev C. Air for the past week and was thinking of a refurb... now with my UNI discount and the CDN price drop I can get it for 1799$ + Taxes brand new instead of going for refurb for the same price w00000t! :)

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Who ya' gonna off that el crappo gen. 1 on?:p

lol it's too ****** to get rid of, I gave it to my wife and was using the MBP as my primary. With the updates this summer on the MBA i'm ready to make it my primary and sell my MBP.

Sadly I don't know in the future if I get even attempt to sell the Rev A with a straight face due to it's apparent CPU problems

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
lol it's too ****** to get rid of, I gave it to my wife and was using the MBP as my primary. With the updates this summer on the MBA i'm ready to make it my primary and sell my MBP.

Sadly I don't know in the future if I get even attempt to sell the Rev A with a straight face due to it's apparent CPU problems

I gifted my Gen. 1 too. Like you, couldn't in good conscience sell it.

oh well. :eek:

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
OMG you rock... LOL I've been thinking about getting the Rev C. Air for the past week and was thinking of a refurb... now with my UNI discount and the CDN price drop I can get it for 1799$ + Taxes brand new instead of going for refurb for the same price w00000t! :)

glad to let you know....

im also in nb...fredericton actually....where abouts you from ?

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
The prices are the EXACT SAME as they were yesterday in the US. $1499 base model MBA and $1799 SSD version MBA.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN US PRICING. What's the point of this thread?

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The prices are the EXACT SAME as they were yesterday in the US. $1499 base model MBA and $1799 SSD version MBA.

He was letting us know the CDN prices has dropped by 200$ for each of the models.... there are canadian's that use these forums..

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
He was letting us know the CDN prices has dropped by 200$ for each of the models.... there are canadian's that use these forums..

IT DOESN'T STATE ANYTHING ABOUT CANADA IN THE THREAD TITLE NOR IN THE ORIGINAL POST! So why not be clear about it rather than giving out generally incorrect information. It's incorrect if it's not specified as to the exact region where the information is included. As a whole, the world did NOT see $200 price drops on the MBA. This is an MBA thread also, not a Canada thread. Offering advice about price drops is great, but it should be specified and accurate to ensure everyone understands when reading a thread.

nhaque

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
Hey calm down ok, the guy was just trying to tell everyone what hes found. It was a mistake, but it's nothing to be mad about.

macshill

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
London, Ontario, Canada

A.) The world of the Internet does not revolve around the US.

B.) The OP was telling us about a price drop in his country because:

C.) I tend to look at the left-hand corner of the post to see a country listed and assume the buyer bought from there unless they state other wise (I live in NZ, is it cheaper to buy one from the US site?).

D.) You have hostility issues. lol

Oh, bonus:

E.) I've seen MUCH worse thread subject lines (like the ever-irksome: "Which one should I get?"/"Help me decide between...")

You want to rap the OP for not capitalizing the word Air, too? ;-)

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
IT DOESN'T STATE ANYTHING ABOUT CANADA IN THE THREAD TITLE NOR IN THE ORIGINAL POST! So why not be clear about it rather than giving out generally incorrect information. It's incorrect if it's not specified as to the exact region where the information is included. As a whole, the world did NOT see $200 price drops on the MBA. This is an MBA thread also, not a Canada thread. Offering advice about price drops is great, but it should be specified and accurate to ensure everyone understands when reading a thread.

Yes but if you read a few down far before you posted your over-reaction you would have seen it was found that the price was specific to Canada... (Not everyone is aware there are price differences by region obviously you could be included in this category for assuming it was U.S. being spoke about)

Also I'll defer to the poster's region that lists a specific country by their name hence why I realized it affected me as I did not assume it was related to any specific country prior to checking.... useful advice!

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY

Take a pill Scottsdale, or go find someone who wants to hear about how great your SSD drive is and how crappy their drive is . I am sure you can find someone .:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.