Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmezher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Yesterday i installed this update http://support.apple.com/downloads/MacBook_Air_SMC_Firmware_Update_1_2 on my mba and now i have problems with my trackpad,its slow,lags and stops responding during usage.
at first i thought it was an hardware problem but if i only run on battery then it works perfect.
i have tried to Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM=still same issue.
anyone experienced this or got any tips how to solve it?
btw is it possible to uninstall SMC Firmware Update 1.2 ?i dont think so cuz its a firmware but maybe downgrade is possible?
Thnx

today i did a clean os reinstall and installed all the updates=still same issue.
called apple support,they said since i dont have any warranty basicly the advised me to wait for a new update to come since there is not mutch the can do.
they gave me this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2213 to try and reinstalling the firmware via the Firmware Restoration CD but i cant find anyware that this "Firmware Restoration CD" supports the macbook air 1.1 ,also my mba idle temp is 10c higher for no reason.
f**king firmware!my computer ran perfect before this sh*t
apple "everything just works" my ass

mmezher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
i have the same problem actually.... pretty annoying
did you experience this problem also after the new update or have you had it before the update?
if so then apple should release a fix asap since probably other users also got this problem now.
btw i booted up to the osx cd and the issue was still there outside the os so a os-reinstall is pointless i think.

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Boot on install DVD or boot camp and see if it happens also? My rev A 1.8 was safe.

"I have a rev A MBA 1.8GHz 80GB" - Is that a typo? I thought 1.8Ghz only had 64GB SSD or 80GB had 1.6Ghz CPU only.

italiansauce88

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
there is definitely something wrong with my trackpad since this update.. its as if i have to click a few times extra for it to work.

AirHed

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
track pad issues

I also have trackpad issues.

At first the issue was that the trackpad was slow to respond sometimes. Then I told spotlight to stop background searching unnecessary material such as internet pages. This improved the situation considerably.

But now I have the problem that sometimes my trackpad develops a mind of its own and moves and left and right clicks randomly. It sometimes lasts a few seconds, sometimes longer. The only way I can stop it is by "command" + "option" + eject.

I am assuming that this is more of a software glitch as the trackpad has no right click of its own.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.