Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I downloaded it and ran it, and look what it came up with. I checked show hidden files. It doesn't add up to 118 GB.
[doublepost=1562882162][/doublepost]
That might be it. It comes up like this. I'm not sure I understand what it suggest - that I reboot and then run first aid?
reboot pressing command and R to get into recovery mode I had that appear on mine but it couldn't repair it so I ended up erasing my drive APFS format but first make sure you have a backup check first aid first see if it repairs your drive
[doublepost=1562883743][/doublepost]https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/24/how-to-start-mac-recovery-mode/

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I downloaded it and ran it, and look what it came up with. I checked show hidden files. It doesn't add up to 118 GB."

You've got to "click on and inspect" the OTHER items there, too.
Such as:
Applications, cami, desktop, documents, music, movies, pictures, etc.
All of them!

Reactions: TimothyR734

cami3900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Copenhagen
"I downloaded it and ran it, and look what it came up with. I checked show hidden files. It doesn't add up to 118 GB."

Such as:
All of them!
I did, they are exactly the same as when I scan the whole HD.

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon

Such as:
All of them!
If you look at her screenshot in post #25 Her container disk has corruption

cami3900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Copenhagen
reboot pressing command and R to get into recovery mode I had that appear on mine but it couldn't repair it so I ended up erasing my drive APFS format but first make sure you have a backup check first aid first see if it repairs your drive
[doublepost=1562883743][/doublepost]https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/24/how-to-start-mac-recovery-mode/

I turned it on in Recovery mode, but the "container disk 1" that is apparently corrupted didn't come up on the list. Only this came up (see attached picture). Any idea why? I'd really rather not reboot and jeopardize my Adobe and Office licenses, but I'll do it if there's nothing else left to try.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2332.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2332.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 95

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
first open the view tab select then show all devices the check the top most one that is your boot partition the check your container
[doublepost=1562956628][/doublepost]like this even though I'm on Catalina on my iMac

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.36.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 11.36.14 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 110

cami3900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Copenhagen
first open the view tab select then show all devices the check the top most one that is your boot partition the check your container
[doublepost=1562956628][/doublepost]like this even though I'm on Catalina on my iMac
Aaah, thanks! I found it, but it says it can't repair because the device is locked. I tried to click around and see if I could unlock something somewhere, but didn't find anything. It's in danish, I couldnt change it to english.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2336.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2336.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 100

cami3900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Copenhagen
try checking your MacintoshHD :)
Haha, of course. Thank you for being patient.

I checked the HD, and it says that repairing failed. Does this mean the only way out is wipe and reinstall? Or is there something left to try, that I haven't tried yet?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2337.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2337.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
what you could try is reinstall macOS Mojave without wiping you shouldn't lose any info or your apps this way then try disk check again after installation

cami3900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2019
Copenhagen
what you could try is reinstall macOS Mojave without wiping you shouldn't lose any info or your apps this way then try disk check again after installation
I just tried, but there's not enough space to install it. I need 14 GB more space haha. I have an external harddrive, but if I install it on that, I would have to have it connected all the time, right?

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I really don't know how migration works but I think you have to have the same version on both drives for it to work but you could install macOS Mojave on the external drive when it finishes installing and you setup your account you could try this after you will have to press the option button after you install macOS Mojave on the external drive then select the drive then open up MacintoshHD open your applications folder then open your externalHD whatever you name it then drag Microsoft Office into the applications folder of the external drive then open it see if the key works
[doublepost=1562960203][/doublepost]but when you do the setup after installation try the migration see if it works but after you do get into macOS Mojave on the externalHD do the updates make sure its the same version on your ssd but I have used an externalHD and dragged and srropped may of my apps to the external hd and the apps works saves me the time from downloading them again

I know there are tools to clone like carbon copy but I never used them but I figured if you can macOS Mojave setup like you do your main ssd and if Office works on the external then adobe should then you could wipe your ssd reinstall macOS Mojave on the ssd and do the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.