Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
It’s early days for the new iPad Pro and there’s still a shortage of choices of sleeves. In shopping around, I’ve found some MacBook or MacBook Air sleeves that might fit.

Aside from the thin profile of the new iPad Pro, its other dimensions are comparable to the MacBook Air and in some cases might fit a MacBook sleeve.

The iPad Pro 12.9” is 21.5cm x 28cm

The MacBook Air is 21.2cm x 30.4cm

The MacBook is 19.6cm x 28

This InCase sleeve for MacBook Air will fit an iPad Pro 12.9” with a little bit of wiggle room.

CFF693D6-23FD-425B-95BB-507F235CF739.jpeg

The upside is that there is a huge selection of sleeves for both of these computers. Does anybody have both a MacBook and a new iPad Pro 12.9” and a sleeve to try it in?

I think this could be a good thread to find alternative sleeves for the new iPad Pro until the market catches up.

Last edited:
Reactions: RevTEG

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I've seen those Incase sleeves in the Apple store and the quality is pretty great. I've suggested this sleeve along with several others worth mentioning especially for those who want to carry their phones or pencil in the case.

Others I've suggested are from Timbuk2 and Tucano. Both companies have quality sleeves/cases. I haven't used the Incase sleeve because I found a cheaper sleeve with the Tucano and Timbuk2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.