Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajaidev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Hi all my new AIR is my fav. after the Ibook clamshell but i am haveing a few issues with the new AIR....

Just got my AIR via apple store INDIA for almost $2400 (Ya i had to pay customs almost $600) anyhow since it was suppose to be an replacement for my old G5 Power Mac i figered that my new AIR could do everything that my old PowerMac could so i gave it to my younger cosin :eek: now the problem is that i cant play a lot of game that i used to on my old power mac the list is:-

Civilization IV works with update
COD 2 does not work at all even after alll updates
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 does not work properly
Hitman Contracts works quite well
Colin McRae updated does not work properly
Need for speed works gr8

GTA SA works but hangs a bit like its on a 100Mhz processer or some thing BTW i had no updates for this..!! Does anyone have them??

Now my second problem my usb lacie DVD DRIVE (Not APPLES superdrive mindit does not work it used to work on the powermac):eek::(

rsbell

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Murrieta, CA
Hi all my new AIR is my fav. after the Ibook clamshell but i am haveing a few issues with the new AIR....

Just got my AIR via apple store INDIA for almost $2400 (Ya i had to pay customs almost $600) anyhow since it was suppose to be an replacement for my old G5 Power Mac i figered that my new AIR could do everything that my old PowerMac could so i gave it to my younger cosin :eek: now the problem is that i cant play a lot of game that i used to on my old power mac the list is:-

Civilization IV works with update
COD 2 does not work at all even after alll updates
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 does not work properly
Hitman Contracts works quite well
Colin McRae updated does not work properly
Need for speed works gr8

GTA SA works but hangs a bit like its on a 100Mhz processer or some thing BTW i had no updates for this..!! Does anyone have them??

Now my second problem my usb lacie DVD DRIVE (Not APPLES superdrive mindit does not work it used to work on the powermac):eek::(

You're on the bleeding edge! None of us have received our MBAs, so we can't address your problems...

Like the other poster said: pics! :eek:

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
What graphics card did you have in your old Powermac G5? In any case, I think it's safe to assume that what ever graphics card you had in your G5 is more powerful than the one in the MacBook Air.

Also, some of these games might not be Intel compatible, even with all the updates.

Edit: Here's a list of game compatibility on the Mac: http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games

ajaidev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
you replaced a pro-line desktop, with an ultra-portable laptop?

lol ya the power mac was too huge it did not blend in the room and i did not do much other than playing games and may be photo editing... oh and net.!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.