Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Upper Mid West
Hi,

Had my MacBook for about a month now.

Everywhere I take it, the wireless connectivity seems to be inconsistent with the other machines around me.

At my office, my MacBook signal strength fluctuates throughout the day, the two other Apple computers stay the same signal strength all day.

Same thing happens at home too.

If computer was sleeping, seems like I have to quit all open applications, turn off airport, turn airport back on then open apps like safari, iChat, etc. before any of it works properly.

is there a setting I'm missing? any other information I'm missing?

Thanks

Jeff

scotty56

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Oregon
My machine is doing the exact same thing! I bought it about a month ago and my signal is very poor while sittig next to identical macs. A fix would be wonderful :D

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada
Hi,

Had my MacBook for about a month now.

Everywhere I take it, the wireless connectivity seems to be inconsistent with the other machines around me.

At my office, my MacBook signal strength fluctuates throughout the day, the two other Apple computers stay the same signal strength all day.

Same thing happens at home too.

If computer was sleeping, seems like I have to quit all open applications, turn off airport, turn airport back on then open apps like safari, iChat, etc. before any of it works properly.

is there a setting I'm missing? any other information I'm missing?

Thanks

Jeff

My last macbook did exactly the same thing. The wireless work prefectly for almost a year after I bought it and then after I did some software up dates in november, it had constantly fluctuating wireless signal. I tried just about everything to fix it with no luck and after all the problems that i had already had with that computer it was the final straw. Anyway I'm now on macbook number 3 and so far that wireless is working just fine knock on wood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.