Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weirdwar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
im currently a pc user (cubase,nuendo,sound forge etc) very soon im going to have to be both compatible with mac (pro tools,logic etc) and portable. i ve been thinking about a laptop for a while and now looking at the macbooks and macbooks pros im getting severely tempted.

i understand u can dual boot the machine between os x and xp, is the xp partition going to be fully compatible with my current set up and let me run cubase and other audio apps that i either cant get on mac or afford yet ??

is anyone else using the dual boot feature at all and what success are you getting ?

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
I'll take a stab at this one...

It should work, but keep in mind that Boot camp (the name of the "program" to dual boot) is still in it's Beta stages....therefore you may run into some hic ups along the way running heavy apps like Cubase, ect....not sure how that would work running external hardware like a MIDI keyboard, or mixing boards ect.....as far as drivers are concerned....someone on here may know more...Wintermute?

But, it should work....The next Mac OS (10.5) supposedly will support XP in a much more stable environment, so even if the road is bumpy now, it should be smoothed out by the end of the year.

I would say go for the Macbook Pro...try out the Mac versions of audio software...cubase, Logic, even Garageband....there is a good chance you'll never look back....

Enjoy! :)

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Cool Edit Pro, aka Adobe Audition is PC only. :( It's an amazing program. Adobe's programmers could care less to make an OS X port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.