Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phonohead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Greetings!

This has been bothering me for a long time now. I've been searching the web up and down, east to west, but still no solution to this issue.

When I make a phone call and want to use the loudspeaker, I can see a list of two MacBook Pros. I have not activated "call on other devices" in the settings on my phone or on my MacBook. Why does these MacBooks appear?

The Macbook is mine, indeed, but I've not enabled it for phone calls.

Any help is very appreciated!

Screenshot is attached!

Attachments

• 20190909_141825000_iOS.png
    20190909_141825000_iOS.png
    668.7 KB · Views: 120

Kmart9419

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2011
Have the same problem with all my apple tvs showing up. No idea how to get rid of it.

phonohead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
SOLVED: You log in to Apple-id, either via your browser or your phone, and remove the MacBook/device appearing under the speaker option. This fixed it for me. The downside is that you need to sign in again from said MacBook/device. A tiny hassle, but well worth the fix!

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I have not activated "call on other devices" in the settings on my phone or on my MacBook. Why does these MacBooks appear?
This has nothing to do with wifi calling the MacBooks. It just means that you can route audio to them using AirPlay.

phonohead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Well, it removed them from the list anyway. And that's regardless of AirPlay being on or off, it seems?

Edit: I misinterpreted your message. Disregard my reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.