Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldura9t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
So, the battery will charge to 95% and stop, I know, I've read about this. I haven't read about the additional issues happening with mine, though.

I got a white macbook 2.0ghz about 3 weeks ago, and just today started having problems with the battery.

It charges fine, albeit maybe a bit more slowly that it used to, to 95% (Slowing down more noticeably in the 90%'s). At 95%, it keeps trying to charge, but the 'estimated time remaining' starts increasing (and doesn't stop, from what I can see! I haven't let it go on too long (more than 15-20 minutes) yet, though). So at 95% it starts around 35 minutes, and I've seen it get up to around 50 minutes!

I've read how this is fixed by recalibrating the battery, which involves charging to 100%, and waiting for the charge light to go green. NEITHER of these will happen. While the time is increasing at 95%, the light will not go green, it stays orange.

I'd appreciate any advice. I'll probably call tomorrow, but I don't have a local Apple store, though I will in a week or so (College!).

Thanks.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
You calibrate the battery by discharging it completely and then do a full recharge.

Not the other way around ;)

ldura9t

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Pressure said:
You calibrate the battery by discharging it completely and then do a full recharge.

Not the other way around ;)

Damn, I only read the 'to initially calibrate' in the mac help, which says to charge it first. I'll try discharge/charge. Thanks, I'll see if this works. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.