Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
Hello,

Need to check about macbook battery.

I had charged my macbook battery 100% on the first day when i bought. After that i just use the AC power supply whenever i am using the macbook as i never bring out of my room.

Now the question is when i fully charged it was 100% then the following day it dropped to 98% and today it was at 97% even though the status show as "Battery is charged" and the indicator light at the magsafe connector always show green despite the drop in the battery level.

What i understand is that the indicator light will turn amber when it is charging but how come when battery level drops to 97% and it is not charging and always remains green?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
When plugged it, your Mac will ensure that electrons in the battery continue to flow by trickle-draining to 95%. When it hits that level, it will charge back to 100%.

This is normal for the battery, and nothing to worry about.

Note that if you only ever run on AC power, you need to calibrate your battery every now and then to make sure it stays healthy.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
This isn't that unusual - sure that this has been discussed in some quite old threads, so worth doing a search... not being unhelpful, just don't know for sure off the top of my head!

However, I think that if you recalliberate the battery (instructions on Apple Support site) where you let the battery fully run down, this will get rid of the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.