Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasondee94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
Hi everyone! Recently I ran into a problem with my Macbook Pro A1502 (early 2015) that bothered me so much and I could really use your help. This laptop has been crashing several times with glitches on screen and infinite audio loop while playing full-screen YouTube videos with Safari -- the built-in browser in macOS, which hasn't occured at all while I was watching full-screen videos on other sites. By 'crashing' I mean totally frozen -- neither can I move my mouse cursor nor can I get any keyboard feedback. I'd appreciate it if you could help me with this. This has been troubling me for long. Thank you guys soooooo much!
(P. S. I have NOT tested this in any other browser like Google Chrome... as I assume that Google Chrome comsumes more power since it does not support 'METAL' -- the hardware acceleration for graphics. Also, I'm using the default screen resolution. No 'scaled resolution' has been enabled.)

HDFan

macrumors 604
Jun 30, 2007
This laptop has been crashing several times with glitches on screen and infinite audio loop while playing full-screen YouTube videos with Safari

Try in Chrome and Firefox. Don't worry about power when you are diagnosing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.