Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibidiem

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Portland, OR
I got my mb about a month ago. About two weeks ago, the superdrive went kaputz. I sent it in. Got it back on friday (took them a week to replace the superdrive -- "part on order"). On saturday, I was going through my font collection, deleting the non-system, excess fonts (had like 3000, weeded it down to 1500) when I decided I should restart it.

I got it to restart, and it just turned off.

So I turned it on.

The light on the front came on, then the screen turned a very dark blue, then the light on the front went off, and it made some harddrive sounds. And then nothing.

I restarted it over and over again -- same deal. Took out the battery, reset the power management thing. Still nothing. Took out my third party RAM. Nothing. Took out my third party hdd. Nothing.

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Dark blue screen and a tiny bit of harddrive noise.

You think I got a bunk computer? I hope I have a shot of just getting it replaced, the whole thing, cause each time I send it in it comes back a bit more scuffed up, dirty, and... crooked. Slightly askew. Which I don't like.

Good thing a friend's loaning me his Ti, else my whole life would be on pause

(well, not my WHOLE life...)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
you did the PRAM reset right? the p+r+cmd+alt I think it is when you restart? mine had this problem and Apple wouldn't help me because I had bootcamp installed. So i reformatted the HDD to bring it in for servicing but since I did that it hasn't had any problems. Dunno if it will work for you, but it did for me.

ibidiem

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Portland, OR
sikkinixx said:
you did the PRAM reset right? the p+r+cmd+alt I think it is when you restart? mine had this problem and Apple wouldn't help me because I had bootcamp installed. So i reformatted the HDD to bring it in for servicing but since I did that it hasn't had any problems. Dunno if it will work for you, but it did for me.

sweetness! worked right away!

thnx, sikkinixx!!!!

ibidiem

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Portland, OR
Xander562 said:
haha, was that not the scariest few moments of your life?

well... to tell the truth, I was hoping they'd spring for an upgrade to the rumored memorm logic board...

;)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
ibidiem said:
sweetness! worked right away!

thnx, sikkinixx!!!!

the PRAM reset or the reformat? buddy at Apple told me the PRAM reset won't solve the problem permanently and is more of a temporary fix, I had to blast the PRAM every single time i restarted/booted but if it works for you, you're a lucky guy! :)

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
ibidiem said:
well... to tell the truth, I was hoping they'd spring for an upgrade to the rumored memorm logic board...

;)

lol... no offend, but if you have no idea what merom is (it's not a logic board, and it's not memorm, it's merom).. you really shouldn't waste your time fantasize about it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.