Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
It's 4:50 p.m. here in Japan, or just before midnight in Cupertino.

I just received a Software Update alert indicating that "MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.0" is now available for downloading. Here's the info from Apple:

The SMC Firmware Update adjusts fan behavior in the MacBook. The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the process.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but will be soon.

Bye-bye Moo! (I hope!)

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I must be some kind of idiot. :D

I now see on the Apple website that this update has been available since Aug. 17. I can't believe I missed it earlier!

OK, I'm prepared to be flamed. ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Sod that! Check out this news!!

manontmoon.gif

Sorry mate, don't mean to be mean but that's very old news. Came out around the WWDC about three weeks ago.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Chundles said:
manontmoon.gif

Sorry mate, don't mean to be mean but that's very old news. Came out around the WWDC about three weeks ago.

Nice :) (the joke I mean)

japanime

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Chone said:
Nice :) (the joke I mean)

I totally deserve it!

Just curious, though--was the firmware update mentioned on the front page of Macrumors?

In any case, I'm pleased to report my MacBook is now running 15 degrees cooler than before. I can actually pick it up and carry it into the next room without burning my hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.