Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
My MacBooks lower case is cracked under my right palm rest along the edge of the laptop. It was purchased on 11/4 and exchanged on 11/6 (keyboard issues.) What should I expect to have happen when I take it to the Apple Store tonight?

dvd

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Massachusetts
My wife's macbook was in for a hard drive repair under warranty and they fixed this same cracked palm rest issue for hers no questions asked. They had parts in the store so it was a quick turnaround.

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada
My MacBooks lower case is cracked under my right palm rest along the edge of the laptop. It was purchased on 11/4 and exchanged on 11/6 (keyboard issues.) What should I expect to have happen when I take it to the Apple Store tonight?

Well as it's in warranty they will take the macbook and swap the top case for you with out any problems. How fast they will do it depends on whether they have on in stock at the time or not. This issue is so widespread that I think that ever mac store should keep a full compliment of top cases in stock as the issue will plague every macbook at least once (probably far more) in it's life span

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.