Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
this doesnt happen very often...probably twice since i got my macbook in july...
i put my macbook to sleep when i go to bed....then in the middle of the night or early morning i hear a noise coming out of my macbook for a quick second even though it is closed and in sleep...

the noise sounds like the hardware or dvd drive moving/starting up as if u were to wake up the macbook from sleep...(this is not the tone whenever u turn on the macbook)

i think its the dvd drive...

is this a problem? everything seems to be fine...it just woke me up for a quick second when i heard it...

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah I noticed my macbook doing that too sometimes. Like you can tell when it's sleeping when that light fades in and out but when I hear that noise I see the light stay solid then it'll go back to fading in and out. Never paid much mind to it hopefully its not biggie.

turnstylez18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Toronto, Canada
yeah i dont think its a big deal...but its good to hear other ppl have that...
it just bugs me..it wakes me up...im a light sleeper..only twice it happened though..so hopefully it doesnt happen all the time or occur more often

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
do you have a bluetooth mouse or something hooked up to it? this could cause it waking up for a second before going back to sleep.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
I can assure you that I also experienced this a couple of weeks a couple of times during the night. My macbook woke up all sweaty and I had to pet it on the touchpad to make it fall back into sleep. No seriously it just woke me up a couple of times during the night.
What really bugs me is that I don't want it to keep staying on if I accidentally forgets it plugged in and it's set to max performance. Waste of energy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.