Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwilli27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2022
I recently purchased a refurbished 13" early 2015 13" 128GB Macbook air. I purchased it through Amazon. It came, booted up like a charm, and was working well. I even able to watch a show on Netflix. On my first night with it, I was following the instructions on this site (https://mackeeper.com/blog/12-things-to-check-before-buying-second-hand-macbook/) to perform checks on it. Everything worked well.

Then, I did the last step to start Apple Hardware Test:
  1. Disconnect all external devices and turn off the Mac
  2. Turn it back on and hold the D key once you hear the startup chime
I did step two and held D once I heard the startup chime. Nothing happened and the computer did not boot up. I've been unable to get the computer to start since and haven't heard the startup chime since. I have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, and tried that both plugged in and not plugged in. It has a full charge (green light is on on the charger, and it was orange when I first plugged it in).

I also tried holding command, option, shift, and the power button for 10 seconds and then pressing power.

Any ideas how to get this computer to start again?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.