Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hi all,

I have a problem with Apple Logo on my MacBook Pro 13 (2017).

It is always dirty and with smudges.

When I clean it using microfibre cloth (already used a few types), logo is clean for a 10 minutes and then there appear some smudges and logo is a little bit misted (looks like there is some steam), when I clean it is clean for a next 10-15 minutes and smudges appear, but in different places of the logo.

This issue is teasing my OCD. I tried also wet paper clothes for a display, but it does not fixed this issue.

I know that it is not a problem for some people, but for me it is.

Have you noticed it? What do you recommend?

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Stop touching it or leaving things on top of it.

I started doing that and no more issues...

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Maybe, do you guys also experience same issue - Cleaned logo and then after 30 minutes smudges again without touching ? Is it a dust ? Are there on this logo any layers? It could be caused that I was cleaning with wet paper one use wipes for screens?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Maybe, do you guys also experience same issue - Cleaned logo and then after 30 minutes smudges again without touching ? Is it a dust ? Are there on this logo any layers? It could be caused that I was cleaning with wet paper one use wipes for screens?

You are not the first to comment or be bothered by the black mirrored logo, on the MBP or the iPP, iMac. I think it is just very prone to smudging/hazing whether from fingers, oils, dust, residue from water or whatever else when the display becomes warm. I am not really sure. I am also not sure what the answer would be to keep it free from smudging/hazing.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Have you tried Woosh!. I have never tried it on the Apple logo, but have used it to clean a lot of stuff including my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and TV screen.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Not available to buy in Poland. Fellowes did a job. I can notice small dots looking like a dust. But I think most of them are dust. not a big deal. Logo doe not have any smudges so far :)

What do you use to clean your Apple logo? Do you clean it?

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Not available to buy in Poland. Fellowes did a job. I can notice small dots looking like a dust. But I think most of them are dust. not a big deal. Logo doe not have any smudges so far :)

What do you use to clean your Apple logo? Do you clean it?

Only on the iPhone and iPad, my wife has my MBP now. But did use the Whoosh! on the entire body. It leaves an anti-smudge, finger,oil and dust resistant coating.

But I do also use it clean the Microsoft Logo on the Surface Pro. It works for that as well :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.