Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dededed01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2020
I have some strange artifacts on screen without any visible reason. They appear like flashes for a part of second, sometimes a number of flashes in a row. No heat, no movement, simply while it is standing on the table. It happens not really often and that's why I can't just take it to service. So is it possible that problem is in software? I'm sorry if there are any mistakes in text, hope the main idea is understandable.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpg
    IMG_1890.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 222

drunkmouth

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
I had this issue on my base 2020. I think it’s a graphics driver bug, it was very prevalent during the first day or so but less so after that but still occurred. I returned it and got the 10th gen for unrelated reasons.

Dededed01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2020
I had this issue on my base 2020. I think it’s a graphics driver bug, it was very prevalent during the first day or so but less so after that but still occurred. I returned it and got the 10th gen for unrelated reasons.

As I know authorized services have about a week to check the problem, so I'm afraid that they won't get this problem while testing and then I'll just waste a week. Anyway I'll go to service when all this corona sh#t ends. At least they solved your case, so it gives me a hope, thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.