Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

I notified that trackpad in one of corners is a little bit higher than in rest of corners.

Is it normal? Trackpad works normally.

Regards,
J.

Jochheim

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2020
Without pictures it is quite hard to guess but the trackpad of my MBP 2020 was perfectly flush. I exchanged it because of a defect of the right speaker but as soon as my new one is here I can check again.
But I think if it works as intended and you do not get triggered by it every day, just use your machine.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Please see images below.
IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Jochheim

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2020
Got my replacement and as promised: This new model does indeed not have the perfectly flush trackpad as the model before so i think there are some tolerances (it is slightly more recessed in the chassis, but that would be fine for me). But i still think if you are happy otherwise with the MBP stick with it. My replacement model came with a dent in the display so now i have to get another replacement. It seems that the quality control (at least in my perspective) is pretty bad at apple. Before i ship this model in i will test if the right speaker is working as intended this time.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
yes, I think that exchange is not worthy to perform....

Found this thread regarding new MBP 16...

I exchanged my MBP 2 times. This is my 3rd unit.

Previous has 5 imperfections.......

Quality control in Apple do not have a good days...

Reactions: Jochheim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.