Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alberto de zuccato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2020
I bought the new 13 "MacBook Pro and at the store they offered me their adapters which I sincerely find awkward and expensive.

I was wondering if any of you can suggest me MacBook Pro adapters with the following USB, USB C, HDMI and SD SLOT

use purely for work, need a reliable product, thank you in advance for the answer !!!!

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
Just bought an Anker USB-C to HDMI adapter that amazingly works great. 4K60, Audio, and HDCP support. Most of the others I tried were missing something.

Alberto de zuccato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2020
Thanks, I had several anker products and I found it reliable, in terms of aesthetics however they are not a that great and give me the impression of being cheap and plasticky

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2019
I went with the RCA one over anker because it matches my MacBook, slim compact aluminum, And I’m sure it comes out of the same factory as all the other cheap knock off brands that look the same on Amazon, but I feel a little comfort in it being a recognizable American brand name, even if the rights to the name were just sold off to some Chinese company I guess

Reactions: Alberto de zuccato

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I went with the RCA one over anker because it matches my MacBook, slim compact aluminum, And I’m sure it comes out of the same factory as all the other cheap knock off brands that look the same on Amazon, but I feel a little comfort in it being a recognizable American brand name, even if the rights to the name were just sold off to some Chinese company I guess

RCA has not made computer or audio hardware in over 30 years. Just like Honeywell, Bell & Howell, Polaroid and many other US brands, they sell their brand name and trademark.

Last edited:

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2019
I know, I already acknowledged that in the post you quoted, but some of the other similar options were names like “HooToo” “Falwedi” and “VicTsing”, so I went with the RCA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.