Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hdsmoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-19 at 3.52.25 PM.jpeg

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch) bought in 2017. Recently the screen started to flicker and have horizontal lines which make it blurry. Any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks

Last edited:

Karenad211

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2021
View attachment 1715519

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch) bought in 2017. Recently the screen started to flicker and have horizontal lines which make it blurry. Any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro and the bottom of the display is constantly flickering. Brought it to Apple today and was quoted 580 plus tax to replace the display screen. Going to wait and hope for a recall, as it seems to be the flexgate problem of the 2016 model. From what i have researched, the cable wasn’t changed until the 2018 model.

Kryshia

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2021
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro and the bottom of the display is constantly flickering. Brought it to Apple today and was quoted 580 plus tax to replace the display screen. Going to wait and hope for a recall, as it seems to be the flexgate problem of the 2016 model. From what i have researched, the cable wasn’t changed until the 2018 model.
Hi, I was told this week by Apple that its a known problem on the 13inch so they should repair free of charge. Im having line problems with my 4 year old 15inch Mac Pro that lm trying to resolve with them. Has anyone else had problems with the 15inch? if you have please record it on the Apple Product Feedback page, as unless they get notification they will not accept it as a known problem.

Apple-Bay

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2022

We have discovered a technique to fix this issue rather than replacing the whole LCD assembely. If you have this issue please get in contact at info@apple-bay.co.uk and we can repair for a fraction of the price of a new screen.

Apple-Bay

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2022
Hi, I was told this week by Apple that its a known problem on the 13inch so they should repair free of charge. Im having line problems with my 4 year old 15inch Mac Pro that lm trying to resolve with them. Has anyone else had problems with the 15inch? if you have please record it on the Apple Product Feedback page, as unless they get notification they will not accept it as a known problem.

We have discovered a technique to fix this issue rather than replacing the whole LCD assembely. If you have this issue please get in contact at info@apple-bay.co.uk and we can repair for a fraction of the price of a new screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.