Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shubham Kasera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
Hello,
Im sure like me a lot of people are having this issue. I happened to visit the authorised service centre in India, and they asked me for $600 for changing the screen. They declined the company's free replacement programme based on two reasons -
1. That my screen is not working. What they did not mention was that it is not working properly. The issue arises when the screen is opened beyond 30 degrees when it completely goes blank.
2. That my screen is cracked. Also which is not true. The logo baffle, which is the chin of the screen has a crack.
Im not sure if I should pay for this as it is clearly a problem due to manufacturing end.
Please advice if you have faced similar issues elsewhere. Im attaching images of my screen and the area which is cracked.
Thank you
IMG_20200801_141957.jpg

IMG_20200801_140202.jpg

Suspended
Jul 27, 2020
Hello,

2. That my screen is cracked. Also which is not true. The logo baffle, which is the chin of the screen has a crack.
Im not sure if I should pay for this as it is clearly a problem due to manufacturing end.
Please advice if you have faced similar issues elsewhere. Im attaching images of my screen and the area which is cracked.
Thank you

They wont replace it for free if you have any accidental damage. Which in your case is the crack on the chin of your display.

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
Oh i see, I think being cracked is usually not an issue to be replaced. But they require it to show some image because the program is for backlight issues only.

Also I dont get it why just the 13 inch and just 2016 devices are valid

Shubham Kasera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
Oh i see, I think being cracked is usually not an issue to be replaced. But they require it to show some image because the program is for backlight issues only.

Also I dont get it why just the 13 inch and just 2016 devices are valid
It does show images

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_140802.jpg
    IMG_20200801_140802.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 120

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
I had one that lost all backlight when start to open the lid, had a bent corner and a crack on lower side and they still replaced under that

Shubham Kasera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
I had one that lost all backlight when start to open the lid, had a bent corner and a crack on lower side and they still replaced under that
That's great. I'm unable to do so here. could you help me with the service centre you showed this to? Or if there is an email. Thanks

Shubham Kasera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2020
Or if you have a case ID number
It would help me show them it's still replaceable outside India and hopefully they could do the same here :)

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Or if you have a case ID number
It would help me show them it's still replaceable outside India and hopefully they could do the same here :)
Someone’s case ID is private information and would not be relevant in your situation. Repair policies and warranties can differ substantially by country. You can accept the estimate for the repair from your service center or look for other repair options in your country.

ptfuzi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2019
That's great. I'm unable to do so here. could you help me with the service centre you showed this to? Or if there is an email. Thanks
It was in my country, is a bit far from you.

I would suggest to try to contact other repair center, or even contact Apple Care first. I know that in some cases they can open exceptions, but thats why it's called an exception.
I wish you luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.