Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fidos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2021
Hello guys,

on my MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2010 + 2+2GB ram
I changed from HDD(macOS Mountain Lion) to SSD(empty) and a new keyboard(not genuine),

after this process, I did a clean macOS upgraded from Mountain Lion to High Sierra, during the upgrade was some firmware upgrade and it showed some failing to upgrade for some battery reason(it should be more than 25% charged even if it was 100% charged ?!) but after trying a couple of times it did upgrade also the firmware. (battery is not genuine)

Since then, the MacBook started to Frozen time to time (from 5 mins to max 2 days before frozen) I noticed the mouse I can move for a while but none response from the GUI, the clicking doesn't work and even the keyboard, if I try to click after 2/3 mins show spinning wheel, after that the only option I have is to hold the power button.

Noticed when it frozen I can get the CapsLock button getting the led on/off, that work simultaneously when I can move the mouse, I think it stops working when the mouse also stop moving.

I have tried:
SMC and NVRAM reset
force quit when it is frozen but it doesn't respond
try the old HDD and it still frozen
using external USB SSD disk to load macOS with the HD cable removed, it still frozen
Apple Hardware Test multiple time without any error found
Switch slot ram 2GB and tried different modules, still frozen
Remove the battery and charged only with the charger still frozen (status of the battery normal)
Unplugged the CDdrive and speaker still frozen
Test old keyboard still frozen
Dissemble apart a couple of time and back still frozen

Not sure what else can test?
How can I find any logs once it's frozen on the next boot?

my only suspect that the firmware could have broken something, not sure. Is possible to change it back or test it?

Appreciated any suggestions

Attachments

• photo_2021-03-15_11-23-13.jpg
    photo_2021-03-15_11-23-13.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 106
  • photo_2021-03-15_11-23-11.jpg
    photo_2021-03-15_11-23-11.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.