Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikel07star

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Looking at buying an MBP and I'm struggling to decide between a 13 and the 13 touch bar model. If I were to get the 13 inch core i5 ,get 16gb ram, and 512gb ssd. If I were to get the 13 inch touch bar I would get the base model 8gb ram and 256gb ssd -.I use chrome, a lot of media consuming, Lightroom and photoshop, video editing (1080p 3-5 minutes video) Any advice? Also I should wait until the blackfriday?
I plan to stay 4 years with this macbook pro

Larvas

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
Berlin
I own the non touchbar version and I fell in love with it. Have that model which you're looking to get, the i5, 16gb ram and 512gb SSD, more than enough for my needs, and I'm actively using InDesign, Photoshop, media consumption, writing and a bit of programming. Personally, I would rather go for 16gb/512 SSD than the touchbar, which is a gimmick in my opinion.

Wait until black friday deals, they will be good.

FatherJack1980

Suspended
Dec 31, 2015
I'm not sure you would be able to get a 512gb Macbook Pro on a Black Friday, as I think only the default products are sold at a discount then (but hey, I'm only guessing); however you could be able to get a 12" Macbook with 512gb ....but I then hope you'll be satisfied with the ridiciously small screen, the pathetic "quality" of the webcam and only one port - and where I live I know that last year only last years model were sold with a discount, so then they only had the horrible first generation of the butterfly keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.