Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I mean, yes, keys are going to make noises when you tap on them. Happens with my old 2012 Apple Wireless keyboard I'm typing this on, and happens on my 2020 MBA keyboard as well.

Reactions: Chevysales

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
I mean, yes, keys are going to make noises when you tap on them. Happens with my old 2012 Apple Wireless keyboard I'm typing this on, and happens on my 2020 MBA keyboard as well.
same as my 2019 16" too. normal.

MilkyWiz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2021
Actually it doesn't happen on all keys, some keys make that noise is that the same for you or all your keys make sound when you touch them?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Actually it doesn't happen on all keys, some keys make that noise is that the same for you or all your keys make sound when you touch them?

I must not be hearing what you're hearing then. But I'd say as long as you're not having any issues typing, then don't worry about it.

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
i have the same issue with my enter key.... the right corner have the enter key has a creaking or squeaking noise that bugs me a lot.
Mine has this too. I haven't encountered a perfect keyboard MBP keyboard but mine is pretty close. Some keys rattle a little, some not at all. The only key that rattles badly is the enter key and that's only if you hit it in the top corners. it still registers the keypress and everything and I don't want to wait months to get another one that might have an even worse keyboard. It's annoying, but totally normal.

rumonmh

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2022
Mine has this too. I haven't encountered a perfect keyboard MBP keyboard but mine is pretty close. Some keys rattle a little, some not at all. The only key that rattles badly is the enter key and that's only if you hit it in the top corners. it still registers the keypress and everything and I don't want to wait months to get another one that might have an even worse keyboard. It's annoying, but totally normal.
As far as I have read, this is a wide spread issue with most of the recent 2021 macbook pro and even the once i checked that are on display at the apple store. Some have more creaking issues than the others but rarely I have seen a device that is fully quiet. In my case i have a Japanese keyboard layout which means the Enter key is especially large and I noticed that the underneath key registering switch is on the left side and is not centered. Hence the right edge sinks a bit more than the left when pressed and also the bottom right corner has the most creaking noise.

Reactions: The Clark
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.