Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andi8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
I just received my MacBook Pro 14 replacement unit (first unit had a little dent on the body). Now I noticed that the keyboard does not have such a "feedback" as the previous model. In direct comparison, typing feels completely different. In the previous model, the feedback is much better in my opinion. Let me put it this way, typing was harder on the previous model and softer on the new one. Can someone share his experience? I can not explain why an identical device makes such a difference.

AnDrEw17876

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2021
Thessaloniki, Greece
been through three replacements so far due to keyboard inconsistencies... It appears there are significant variations of the keyboard on these new models. Lots of other people are beginning to complain about this issue, I'm sure at some point Apple will start to acknowledge it...

(fyi the reason I replaced mine was the space bar felt loose and taller than the rest of the keys, all of my replacements had the same issue, but my friends BTO spec doesn't...)

BritC

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2021
I had 2 function keys on my new Mac Book Pro 14" fail on me.

Anyone else have defective keyboard issues?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I first bought off Amazon and thought the keys between asdf and zxcv were a little "looser" than the rest. Received a second one today and it seems perfect. I wasn't sure there was a problem with the first one (returned as found a better deal) but this new one definitely feels "right".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.