Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Which MacBook pro 14 model has the longest battery life in the basic m3 or m3 pro and which model would you recommend getting for normal use.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Which MacBook pro 14 model has the longest battery life in the basic m3 or m3 pro
It's all right here -
which model would you recommend getting for normal use
Well.. "normal" use is so subjective. In my definition of "normal" use -- email, web browsing, streaming music & video -- a base config MacBook Air M1/M2/M3 or MacBook Pro M1/M2/M3 would be more than adequate. Save some money and buy a refurb from the Apple Store. Includes same warranty and eligibility for AppleCare+.

VidBat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
It's all right here -

Well.. "normal" use is so subjective. In my definition of "normal" use -- email, web browsing, streaming music & video -- a base config MacBook Air M1/M2/M3 or MacBook Pro M1/M2/M3 would be more than adequate. Save some money and buy a refurb from the Apple Store. Includes same warranty and eligibility for AppleCare+.
ok, what about the battery, who holds more basic M3 or M3 pro in MacBook pro 14

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
I just got my M3 MBP and I can tell you it's not noisy at all. I doubt the fan have even come on yet. It's silent when using it unless of course I'm listening to something. It's super speedy as well. Even with basic things I notice it's much faster than my 2015 MBP.

Reactions: VidBat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.