Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orbital_praline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
My MacBook started to freeze multiple times, on mundane tasks after installing macos13 beta 2, and yes its a development machine to install this beta, so that’s ok apple says.
I tried rebooting a bunch of times and after several goes I gave up and thought to try a little while later. When I retried the screen had lost mist of its power and you could see the login section, barely. And I noticed a strange section on the screen near the camera where colour was coming appearing, only when the screen was on. I called apple and explained to them and they said to take it to where I bought who then courier it to a service store - I live in remote New Zealand no apple stores here!!! There was no scratches on the screen and the photos make it look worse than it is.
The service guys said it had incurred customer induced damage – Impact/pressure damage, and I thought, how, it had been on the desk the whole time and had been running fine, apart from the crashes, which I thought was a software conflict.
Any ideas on this as I find it very odd to have this occur, as there’s no on screen damage, like you would expect on the front to back of the Mac?
Apple said they would replace it as they take the service guys word over mine, and they would need to see it in there store or get another service team to look at it which am doing.
service plus 1.jpg

Attachments

• service plus 2.jpg
    service plus 2.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 145

orbital_praline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
well, the underlying elements make it look like an impact, but the glass itself is not cracked or damaged...

klocuch12

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2022
Unless it is the wallpaper you set it definitely looks like the physical damage to the internal part of glass, even if you don't happen to feel the scratch on the outside.

And I doubt it happened on its own, without using external force.

orbital_praline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
haha all good comments, I've submitted to the opinion that its had an impact, not sure how or when… either way I am going to replace it.

orbital_praline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2022
It’s been repaired now and am still none the wiser how it occurred but something did happen to make the car physical damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.