Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woozat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2021
I bought a MacBook Pro 15" 2016 on the Apple refurb 3 years ago and had this problem :

PanneEcran2.jpeg

First of all is it a kind of Flexgate issue, does anybody know something about it ?

After going to the Apple workshop they say my battery had melted and moved something around the keyboard and changed all this free of charge, thxs to Apple it was a known issue ... But they say the screen was broken that I had to pay for reparing it ...
Getting out from the workshop, I go to the coffeshop and opening the machine saw the screen was fine ! But has I touched the pad, boom the issue goes back !
I've called Apple many times but nope, they don't reconize it ...

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
2016 models were horrible rush jobs - Apple cut corners and the result was pos displays - get rid of the 2016 because it was plagued with logic board and gpu issues - when Apple fixed it supposedly they did so by also trying to tell you they didn’t. Sadly, the 2016-2018 were horrible models with many issues.. flex gate was found in the 2011 modems and 2013-2014 retinas.. I have a dual 2015 and never an issue with it. If you still have AppleCare, then bake apple fix it or call their consumer relations to file complaint.

Reactions: Woozat

Woozat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2021
2016 models were horrible rush jobs - Apple cut corners and the result was pos displays - get rid of the 2016 because it was plagued with logic board and gpu issues - when Apple fixed it supposedly they did so by also trying to tell you they didn’t. Sadly, the 2016-2018 were horrible models with many issues.. flex gate was found in the 2011 modems and 2013-2014 retinas.. I have a dual 2015 and never an issue with it. If you still have AppleCare, then bake apple fix it or call their consumer relations to file complaint.
THXS for answering ... Anyway do you know if I can describe this failure as a flexgate issue ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.