Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fb3993

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Macbook pro 15' 2017, with Radeon Pro 560 graphic card.
I have noticed that after I wake up the laptop from sleep, the graphic card does not fire up and I need to restart everything if I need to use it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And is there any fix?

Thank you!

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
It has automatic switching for gpu’s it should fire up the dGPU when the extra power is needed and stay off to save battery using the integrated one when it isn’t it will therefore be off when you fire it up cold.

fb3993

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
It has automatic switching for gpu’s it should fire up the dGPU when the extra power is needed and stay off to save battery using the integrated one when it isn’t it will therefore be off when you fire it up cold.

Automatic switching is enabled, the graphic card does not turn on after sleep even if it's needed. I have disabled automatic switching to test, and nothing changes, I still need to restart the computer to get the graphic card to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.