Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rifanalam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hi,
I have bought new 2018's macbook pro 15". I am facing overheat problem. I am using extra monitor for my work. I have captured my GPU history which is using AMD Radeon Pro 560 Always. I think that's why my macbook getting overheated. How can I fix it?
Screenshot 2018-09-29 at 10.06.21 AM.png

And in About This Mac shows Radeon Pro 555X but in GPU History window show Radeon Pro 560.
Screenshot 2018-09-29 at 10.08.47 AM.png

Thanks in advance

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I agree, everything looks normal. Take note of your fan speeds: ~2000 RPM is normal. If the CPU or some other component (GPU) gets warm when running a graphics intensive program, the fans speeds will increase and you will likely hear the noise level go up. But right now, all looks good.

Reactions: rifanalam

rifanalam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2018
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I agree, everything looks normal. Take note of your fan speeds: ~2000 RPM is normal. If the CPU or some other component (GPU) gets warm when running a graphics intensive program, the fans speeds will increase and you will likely hear the noise level go up. But right now, all looks good.
Thanks a lot for your valuable replay. :)

yunuzzz

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2016
Same here. Specially when working with external display MBP cpu temps are ramping up as like you. And if you are using graphic intensive program MBP CPU gets quickly to 90-100C. Even my old 13" MBP with i5 not overheating like this in same situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.