Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pullapooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
I ordered my 15inch MacBook Pro 2016 on 28 of October and i still haven't received it? it just reads On Allocation what does this mean? It was a custom order with all set to max. Is this normal that it takes over 6-weeks and i don't see any information on when it's going to ship.

therealseebs

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2010
I ordered my 15inch MacBook Pro 2016 on 28 of October and i still haven't received it? it just reads On Allocation what does this mean? It was a custom order with all set to max. Is this normal that it takes over 6-weeks and i don't see any information on when it's going to ship.

It seems to be moderately normal, because I know a few other people with Oct 28-29 orders that haven't shipped. I think the issue may be that there's a lot of pressure for expedited repairs, so someone who sent in a repair early and has been nagging support just saw his repair ship after a good two weeks... And that may be making it harder to get parts than usual.

pullapooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
This is super frustrating because Apple has lowered shipping estimates couple of weeks ago to: 2-3 weeks. And a lot of people haven't even gotten Their orders yet. I'm really thinking that i'm getting mine next year(2017) and that would be super disappointing!

pullapooh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
It seems to be moderately normal, because I know a few other people with Oct 28-29 orders that haven't shipped. I think the issue may be that there's a lot of pressure for expedited repairs, so someone who sent in a repair early and has been nagging support just saw his repair ship after a good two weeks... And that may be making it harder to get parts than usual.

Are there so many new 15" MacBooks(touch bar) that need to be repaired?. PS: My order is still not shipped. Here we come 2017!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.