Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimhoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
I have a new MacBook Pro 16" (2019) with a clean Windows 10 installed, Boot Camp's default drivers. And I have critical problems with WiFi driver, Bluetooth driver and Display driver. Any suggestions on where to get new versions for these drivers? Maybe even beta versions or anything I could try, perhaps that could fix the several problems I'm encountering.

larrylaffer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
Los Angeles
I haven't used Boot Camp on a Mac since ~2013, but back then you could just get drivers for the individual components from the manufacturers' websites.

For example, if your laptop has an Nvidia GPU, just go get the Nvidia driver from their website for that GPU. If you open the Device Manager in Windows you can see what the model numbers are for all of the individual parts.

The same should apply to the WiFi and Bluetooth devices as well.

jimhoyle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
I have looked, but I have not found drivers anywhere. Results so far:
  • Bluetooth driver: I don't even know what the Bluetooth chip is. Could not find this info.
  • WiFi driver: the chip is VEN_14E4, DEV_4464 = https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/14E4/device/4464 = BCM4364 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter. Could not find any driver for this. The driver in the newest Boot Camp driver set is from November 4, 2019, version 101.10.152.4 and it seems to have an incompatibility problem with power saving or something, it dies after few minutes of sleep, can be only reinitiated by turning WiFi off/on (or with ipconfig /renew). Could not find a working driver anywhere.
  • Display adapter driver: The driver in the newest Boot Camp driver set is from 2019 (AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.30.03.05). There is https://www.bootcampdrivers.com/ for this one, but I didn't try this because I'm not sure if I need to. It's the Bluetooth and WiFi I need to fix more desperately.
If someone knows something about those Bluetooth and WiFi drivers, that'd be great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.