Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tappivanukas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
Hi!

I bought used MacBook Pro 16 2019 and I'm having annoying problem with it. So the problem is that MacBook crashes when waking up from sleep mode or when it's being shut down. Every time I get message that computer has restarted because of problem.

Things that I have done so far to solve this problem:
-Reinstalled OS
-I have reseted PRAM, NVRAM and SMC
-I have unchecked Power Nap and "put hard disks to sleep when possible" from energy saver option

Only time MacBook isn't crashing when waking from sleep mode is when I boot it in safe mode.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

matram

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Sweden
Some of these problems have been related to externally connected equipment, e.g. screens and docking stations. If you have not already done so try disconnecting everything for a couple of days.

The error log may provide further indications of the root cause, please attach it in full if you want some advice.

Tappivanukas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2020
I didn't have anything connected besides power cable so that's not the issue.

I decided to call Apple Care and they thought it could be some kind of hardware problem so I took it to Apple Store and they will check what's going on. Thank god there is still warranty left. Fingers crossed now.

Mendis

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2021
I didn't have anything connected besides power cable so that's not the issue.

I decided to call Apple Care and they thought it could be some kind of hardware problem so I took it to Apple Store and they will check what's going on. Thank god there is still warranty left. Fingers crossed now.
Have you/they managed to solve the issue? (I have the same problem too..)

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Are you docking you MacBook?

I joined the 16 inch MBP club a few days ago. I have a Dell WD19TB and a 4k Monitor attached via DisplayPort. Same issues with constant reboots.

I did my research on here and Reddit. Someone said that upgrading to Monterey Public Beta 8 now 9 fixed the docking station issues so I tried it.

So far, so good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.