Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JP Beretta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2020
Hey all,

I've read countless forums and posts about the charging issues with the new MBP.

My MBP charges really slow at max 6watts. I have no apps open, I've turned off the battery health management and dimmed the screen right down.

I have also done all the SMC and PRAM etc resets with no luck. Sometimes it won't charge at all, other times the charging chime with go on then off repeatedly. I unplug all the cables and let it sit for 5 then plug them in which makes it register that its charging, but only very slow.

I've also got a MBP 2014 15" and tested that, and it comes back with 20-30watts and the battery has done 1200 cycles.

I can't get any answers and have to charge it overnight (while shut down) to be able to use it for 8 hrs before needing to charge it again. (While always plugged in)

Its not the sort of problem you want after spending $5000.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.07.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.07.22 pm.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 100

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Welcome to the site ? You have posted to incorrect forum. The correct forum for your question is here:

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.