Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

siimoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
Hi all,
i purchased MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) 16GB , this my first time i use mac . i need to upgrade Ram to 32 gb , i don't which ram to buy . i know only ram for laptops . any advice what kind of ram to buy . is there any difference between ram for laptop and for Mac pro ???
Thank you.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
Hi all,
i purchased MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) 16GB , this my first time i use mac . i need to upgrade Ram to 32 gb , i don't which ram to buy . i know only ram for laptops . any advice what kind of ram to buy . is there any difference between ram for laptop and for Mac pro ???
Thank you.
Since 2012, you can't add or change RAM in Macbooks. So, If the Macbook Pro 16 which you bought is brand new, return it and buy a model with more RAM. Only if you need that much RAM for your use. Macbooks with 16GB RAM and Apple M is more efficient than the Intel ones.

Reactions: VivienM

siimoni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
Since 2012, you can't add or change RAM in Macbooks. So, If the Macbook Pro 16 which you bought is brand new, return it and buy a model with more RAM. Only if you need that much RAM for your use. Macbooks with 16GB RAM and Apple M is more efficient than the Intel ones.
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.