Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mabincredible2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Hi.

For the past few weeks, I noticed that my MacBook Pro 16" does not charge itself when turned on. Although the battery icon shows as connected to power, the percentage would continuously drop. It immediately starts to charge when I disconnect the power cable and plug it back in right away. Could this be a software or hardware issue? Thanks!

Mabincredible2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020

agingiter

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2020
Thanks, this must be it!
Careful. This is at the end of the doc, "Note that turning this feature off might reduce your battery's lifespan." Wacko. I turned it off last week thinking it would extend the pretty darn bad battery life. Spouse used it on a 2 hour zoom session today and power dropped 21%. When I'm using it, I'm not running much (ms word/excel - one at a time) + maybe the internet and the life still drains way too fast.

I'm here because there seems to be a battery problem. Mabincredible2, thanks for the article. If it doesn't work (I'll be very selective), I'll be back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.