Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello all,

I have notified unremoval dust particles on my MacBook Pro 16 screen during cleaning using special wipes for glossy screens and dry microfibre cloth.

It looks like dust particle, but cannot be removed normally. It does not affect my visibility.

What could it be? How can I remove it?I suppose that if I will damaged this screen by myself this stains will look like scratches.

Regards,
J.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Hello all,

I have notified unremoval dust particles on my MacBook Pro 16 screen during cleaning using special wipes for glossy screens and dry microfibre cloth.

It looks like dust particle, but cannot be removed normally. It does not affect my visibility.

What could it be? How can I remove it?I suppose that if I will damaged this screen by myself this stains will look like scratches.

Regards,
J.
Are they on the surface or under the glass?

Hard for us to know what the particle is without seeing it.

ultrakyo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2015
If it is under the display you could try to claim under warranty as manufacturing defect

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
This is my company's laptop. So I am not the owner.

It looks like that this is under surface. How could it get there after 2 weeks?

bm7at

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2020
I had the same issue on my 2 month old 16" MBP, which I only noticed after cleaning the screen as well. After a thorough inspection, I could find about 6 spots under the glass in various places which appeared like dead pixels at a certain angle, but were able to be seen under a flashlight when the screen was turned off.

I ended up taking it back to the apple store and they swapped it straight over with a brand new one, so I was pretty happy with the outcome - no issues on the new one after a very thorough check and the "genius" didn't say much other than it was "very rare" to see this kind of issue.

Hope you can get yours sorted soon.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
This is not mine but company laptop. I cannot see it when I look on a turned on screen. I can see it only with flashlight. I do not how my new employee react when I ask him for replacement of computer due to dust. I think I will not risk it :) Could it be anti glare damage?

Last edited:

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
This is not mine but company laptop. I cannot see it when I look on a turned on screen. I can see it only with flashlight. I do not how my new employee react when I ask him for replacement of computer due to dust. I think I will not risk it :) Could it be anti glare damage?
It could be anti-glare damage if something adhered and one tried to pick it off.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
What do you mean? I tried to wipe it off few times but it still there, it cannot be seen easily or on screen on. This is my company laptop so I cannot return it.

clueless88

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2020
What do you mean? I tried to wipe it off few times but it still there, it cannot be seen easily or on screen on. This is my company laptop so I cannot return it.

How old is the laptop? Depending on how old the laptop is, it still could be covered under warranty, even if it is a company laptop. You should contact the person/department that issued the laptop to you and let them know. Your company should be able to get a replacement from Apple.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
This dots are smaller then dust. It is covered by warranty but I cannot work without cause I have my tools configured there.

clueless88

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2020
If it really doesn't bother you, don't worry about it. Since the laptop does not belong to you, you should not try to fix this--your company would be rightfully pissed if you made the problem worse or damaged the laptop and rendering the warranty void. I would still try to talk to the person/department that issued your laptop to you. They should be able to the tools configured on a replacement laptop before the company sends in your defective one.

If you are unwilling to part with the laptop, you need to live with the spots with the knowledge that it may get worse. Again better to get this taken care of before you have more time/tools/apps/data on the laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.