Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigmeister2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2019
I replaced my MacBook Pro 2010 screen assembly as the lcd was broken on the original one.

It’s no longer showing any signs of life. The MagSafe cable isn’t lighting up. The battery life light isn’t showing when pressed, it was charged before I started the process of replacing.

I’ve tried the smc, I’ve checked the connections.

Just not sure what else to do. It could be the MagSafe, battery, lvg was damaged. New screen isn’t working? But I tried it again with the old screen and now that doesn’t work either.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

CheeseBread365

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Sounds like either a loose cable or a dead motherboard. You may have accidentally shocked it while working on it. I doubt just the display itself would cause it to not function AT ALL. I would double check the connections, and check to see if any pins on connectors are bent so they wont make contact. Honestly though, it sounds like a fried motherboard to me. It isn't often just a couple connections will cause the WHOLE computer to not function, just that specific thing its not attached too. It can be easy to accidentally fry a motherboard if your handling it on a static surface. Have you tried resetting the PRAM?

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Unless you can get it going again without spending any more $$$$, time to start considering a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.