Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jennessee07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2020
I'm struggling with some problem involved with enable dGPU AMD Radeon. To the needs of installation MacOS Catalina I had to disable discrete graphics card. I reboot into recovery mode and used command
nvram fa4ce28d-b62f-4c99-9cc3-6815686e30f9:gpu-power-prefs=%01%00%00%00
after reboot I again run in recovery mode and wrote
csrtuil disable
I was following this tutorial http://dosdude1.com/gpudisable/ (I could not run Single-User-Mode). It worked perfectly and installation Catalina went well. But after this I wasn't able to enable dGPU again. I tried to use key combination CMD+Option+R+P to reset NVRAM and 'nvram -c' in terminal but it didn't help. Also I tried to solve the problem following these guys explanation but it didn't have any effect. (First link, Second link). I was searching any information but I can not find the answear. Below I put picture from /System/Library/Extensions directory (maybe there is something wrong). I really appriciate any help! (Last week I upgraded this Macbook with SSD Crucial MX500 and Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz but it probobly has no issues with this )
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-11 at 23.55.45.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-12 at 00.01.05.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.