Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesleyaustin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2018
Hello,

I recently bought a Macbook Pro Mid-2012 i7 2.9 from eBay. Whenever I press the 'volume up/down/mute' buttons, I see a ? icon where it should say the volume. I have tried PRAM/NVRAM resets; unplugging the speaker from the logic board, then plugging it back in; plugging headphones in (headphones are not detected either); booting into different operating systems (windows and linux) and nothing has worked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
Hello,

I recently bought a Macbook Pro Mid-2012 i7 2.9 from eBay. Whenever I press the 'volume up/down/mute' buttons, I see a ? icon where it should say the volume. I have tried PRAM/NVRAM resets; unplugging the speaker from the logic board, then plugging it back in; plugging headphones in (headphones are not detected either); booting into different operating systems (windows and linux) and nothing has worked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
return it while you can, why go thru the hassle, possibly water damage/faulty logic board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.